Monday, March 28, 2011

missing out

On a buying trip to France last year our very first purchase was a collection of very simple herb containers in various sizes, each one slightly different, but all with beautiful labels and numbers on the front - they were quite fabulous and I thought that I would definitely keep one for myself.




When the container arrived and we were setting up for our 'french container sale' again I looked at them and thought how beautiful they were and thought I must put one aside for myself.



They were very popular at the sale, some being purchased two or three at a time (a customer bought a pair to have made into lamp bases which would have looked amazing).  I made a mental note yet again to grab one for myself.
The 5 day sale ended and of course there were only a few containers left which we moved to our shop. Again they looked beautiful! So beautiful that one was featured in this month's Country Style magazine. Perhaps this would be the one I would finally get to take home !




The day the magazine came out a customer raced into the shop (magazine in hand). She had travelled a long distance to purchase one of the containers. Would I have the heart to tell her that this was the very last one and that I was planning all along to keep one for myself? Of course not. Was this last container for sale? Absolutely!

The idea for this blog came into being because I went to a friend's beautiful new home for drinks last week. She had purchased one of the containers at our sale and it looked so beautiful in its new surrounds. I couldn't take my eyes off it - I really should have kept one for myself.!!

3 comments:

  1. How sad, I know just how you feel, I have been trying not to keep things but the lure is strong and stories like this do not help. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah SEE....That's why I ALWAYS say when I buy something that I "can't part with it 'cause I don't know when I'll get another one"....hahahahaha....

    Well now you'll just have to go back to France Sue....I know I could luggage carrier.... :o) !!!!!

    Cheers,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....DOH....That SHOULD have read: I know a good luggage carrier....STOOPID fingers....!!

    ReplyDelete